This handbook for Opera covers the following topics:
The best way to review which endpoints are supported by our API is by having a look through our documentation. By hovering over the highlighted fields you can see which specific data field is supported by Opera (and which version of Opera). If you are looking for specific endpoints, our support table is also a handy tool for quickly finding supported resources. Please click on the plus sign on the top right and scroll through there to select the PMS you would like to view.
You have two options when choosing how to complete the installation; self-install (no technical skill required) and remote install. With the self-install option, the hotel is sent a self onboarding guide to complete in their own time (normally takes about one hour). The remote install option (completed by a member of the Impala team) is described below.
Once you request a hotel through our management console, you will be sent an email that includes a template that can be sent on to the hotel to set up an integration via our Calendly link. It tells them a little bit more about Impala, what to do before the install and what to expect during the install, as well as the benefits to using Impala.
- Before the install, we ask that the hotel chooses a PC that will not be required for any other tasks during the install period and ensure Google Chrome is available and installed on this PC. The install is completed via TeamViewer remote session, and the link is sent through a few hours before the scheduled session.
- During the install, once we have connected via TeamViewer session, there is no need for someone from the hotel to be present, however we do ask that someone remains contactable. The hotel team will still be able to use Opera during this period, we won’t interrupt the service in any way.
- A PC made available at the hotel that is not needed for any other tasks for the duration of the session.
- A user logged in with appropriate access requirements/permissions: able to customise and grant access to simple reports (generally IT Managers, Revenue Managers, General Managers).
- To check if a user has the correct permissions please check out this article How to check Opera's permissions
- System requirements for Opera PMS can be found here.
- Room categories > every 30 minutes
- Room data > every 30 minutes
- Room status report > every 5 minutes
- Booking data > every 1 minute
- Booking data sync > every 24 hours (scheduled for 03:30am daily, also syncs the past 12 months from when the report is installed)
- Pricing breakdown rates per day > every 1 hour
- Folios > every 1 minute
- You have the option of choosing which API version you would like when you create an application in the management console.
- 2018-11-27 - This is the default version and available for all integrations.
- 2019-04-23 - Available to all integrations with the exception of Infor.
- Please note that you are unable to downgrade your API version, you can find the differences between the two versions outlined here.
- We support every hosted and on-premise version of Opera with the exceptions of Version 9 and Opera Cloud.
- Please see here how a hotel can determine which Opera version they are on.
The Impala support team will be on hand to assist you with any questions or concerns; technical, commercial, and throughout the onboarding process. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org between 8:30am and 5:30pm (UK business hours), Monday through Friday.
- Impala is fully GDPR compliant and dedicated to data security. Reports are generated on the Opera server as text files and uploaded securely to Impala’s ingestion endpoint using Opera’s SFTP delivery methods.
- Please find further detail here regarding our GDPR compliance and data minimisation methods.
Our current API is read-only, your application will be unable to write back to the PMS. Please see more detail here.
- As we use our own technology to integrate directly with the hotel’s system, we don’t require a commercial relationship with the PMS
- Does Impala need a license for the Opera account?
- Similarly, as we use standard reporting features within Opera, we do not require an Opera license to operate.
There are no additional costs from the side of Oracle/Opera, please see our comprehensive pricing here.
There is no need for Opera to be involved in the process at all. The hotel would not need to notify their Opera account manager that Impala technology is being installed as nothing outside of standard reporting techniques are utilised.